A few weeks ago we asked our customers to vote on new features they wanted us to implement to the Product Customizer (by Artistry.io) app.
We’re excited to announce the release of two features that’ll make customer’s product customization experience a whole lot better:
- Access customer file uploads via user interface
- And automatically include line breaks in custom text
Here’s how the new features work:
1. Access customer file uploads via user interface
Previously, you could only access customer files either by clicking on each order and downloading them or connecting to Dropbox. Well, you can still do that, but we’ve simplified things quite a bit. Now you can access all customer files via your Shopify dashboard.
To access this feature:
- When logged in to Shopify, click on Apps. Then click on Product Customizer (by Artistry.io)
- In your Product Customizer (by Artistry.io) dashboard, go to Settings, Customers Images.
- You’ll be able to view and download individual customer image files in this section. Files will automatically be removed after 60 days. You can delete any files you’d like to delete, but be forewarned that you won’t be able to recover them once they’re gone.
This is what the files interface looks like:
2. Automatically include line breaks in custom text
In the past, if a customer were typing in a lot of text in your custom text box, the text wouldn’t completely show unless the customer hit the enter/return key.
With this update, custom text automatically breaks to a new line when they’ve reached the end of the text box you’ve set.
This feature is particularly useful if someone resizes their text, as they won’t have to go back and add the line breaks automatically. The app does it for them.
You don’t have to do anything to enable this feature. It’s already on once you set up a custom text box.
We’ve got some more features coming your way!
We’ll be releasing new features every few months. To get started using the Product Customizer (by Artistry.io) app, click here.